Monday, November 06, 2006

Practise what you preach

Why is it so difficult? I preach the benefits of equanimity to others, and then let others get me down. Why am I so susceptible to others' criticism? I do not feel I have done anything wrong, and yet I feel victimised. Still, I know that allowing myself to feel victimised is giving others permission to do so. I have made a judgment I know to be right...why is it so difficult to be proud of my decision?

I know nothing good in this world comes easy, but does it have to be this difficult? Sometimes I wonder...

Sabbe sattā bhavantu sukhitattā!

1 comment:

Dee said...

don't feel down when you et yourself feel victimised. Let the feeling take over, and let it pass. if you are AWARE that you feel victmised, it will help you overcome it quicker. and in time, it wont bother you at all. :)We are taking baby steps, don't worrty. :) right now, I'm tryign to deal with patience and my short temper!